Learning you have mold in your home can come with an array of feelings from upset, frustration, disgust and it can all be very overwhelming. Some will ignore it. While many people live in their home and don’t even realize they even have mold. Ignoring it can cause a mold takeover and can actually affect your health.
What are the signs you may have mold in the house? Mold can grow in hard to see places like in and under carpets and household vents.
- Odor – YOU SMELL IT – at times this may be the only clue that you have a mold problem. Mold can be so sneaky that you may not even see it until you smell it. If you smell a musty, damp smell – you can probably assume you have mold.
- Growth- YOU SEE IT – when mold has grown out of control, there is a strong chance that you will see large patches of mold. Many times mold starts out very small like in moist places like your bathroom or your kitchen. It can appear as black and white specks on your walls and ceilings and some molds can even have an orangey color.
- Discoloration – Early signs of mold is discoloration appearing on your walls. Discoloration doesn’t necessarily signify mold and one way you could identify it as mold is it looks textural, meaning if the area is soft, fuzzy or appears fibrous. Mold likes to grow in cool damp places like a basement or near show near a water heater in a basement.
- Cold or Allergy Symptoms – Allergic reactions to mold can mimic seasonal allergies – runny nose, scratchy throat, headaches and coughs. People within a home with mold and who suffer from asthma, may experience shortness of breath and even asthma attacks.
- Soggy and Damp – Mold likes to grow and grows best in damp, cool places and materials that are in such places (think basement) can tend to be soft to the touch, like wood or cardboard. Mold works its way into materials causing the material to weaken. Mold that seeps into wood can create problems with the structure of your home.
People tend to think that by simply cleaning surfaces with antibacterial will remove mold and stop/prevent problems, but that is not true. The best way to remove mold is from a professional mold removal service. Once the mold is remediated then it would be wise to install and use Airfree Air Purifiers as using one of our air purifiers will help with the growth of new molds and mildews.
To learn more please visit our website: http://www.airfree.com/en-US/Products/Search-result/Search-detail/Mofo?PID=142
We firmly believe in our company mission – To combine the best technology and design, to turn our clients’ needs into innovative solutions for indoor atmospheres, whether for health reasons, comfort or to increase productivity. Check us out at www.airfree.com for a purifier that will work best for you.