Parents with asthma and allergies are always concerned that they might pass down their allergies and asthma issues to their children as they tend to run in families. Rest assured, there are steps that you can take that may delay or possibly prevent allergies or asthma from developing.
Some of the best ways to prevent environmental allergies and asthma is:
- Tobacco Smoke – Smoking during pregnancy increases the chance of your child to wheezing during infancy. Also exposing children to secondhand some can also increase the development to chronic respiratory illness and/or asthma. It is very important NOT to expose your children to smoke BEFORE or AFTER birth.
- Pets and Animals – Recent research is suggesting that children who have early exposure to animals may actually help to protect them from developing allergies. This is not saying that this will be a factor for everyone and we highly suggest that you talk with your child’s physician to determine what is best for your family.
- Dust Mites – Airborne substances can trigger allergy or asthma symptoms and that by reducing your contact with your trigger can prevent or delay symptoms. If your child is at risk of developing allergies to dust mites, there are steps that you can take to control them such as using allergen proof covers for their pillows and mattress and it is suggested that you wash their bedding in HOT water on a weekly basis. Keep the indoor humidity below 50%. You should remove carpets and any furniture from their rooms as well as keep their stuffed toys to a minimum.
- We also suggest purchasing an Airfree Air Purifier. Our Air Purifiers destroy even the smallest of airborne microorganisms in its unique ceramic heating chamber without any ozone being used. In addition, it destroys the smallest of microorganisms. An Airfree air purifier destroys airborne allergens such as all types of fungus, including those from dust mite feces, mold spores, proteins from cat dander. It’s important to note that: Airfree does not incinerate dust mites – Airfree Air Purifiers destroy the fungus dust mites need for food without producing harmful by-products or gasses such as found in ozone machines.
- As always, those who suffer from asthma and allergies should always consult with their physicians.
We firmly believe in our company mission – To combine the best technology and design, to turn our clients’ needs into innovative solutions for indoor atmospheres, whether for health reasons, comfort or to increase productivity. Check us out at www.airfree.com for a purifier that will work best for you.