Would you know the difference if you were sick from a cold, flu or virus or if in fact you were sick from mold? Mold can cause serious health problems especially when it is in your home or workplace. Mold is sneaky and can be found nearly everywhere and anywhere, but mold is most likely to occur in climates with a lot of rain or humidity as it is the moisture that creates the perfect breeding ground for it to thrive.
Mold grows and multiplies by releasing spores into the air that are so small that it cannot be seen by the naked eye and in turn people inhale them. You can also come in contact with mold through your skin by touching a surface that has unseen mold on it and then touching your face and or mouth allowing it to get into your body. Once in the body, mold can cause health problems that resemble an illness. Some of the signs of mold illness are:
- Breathing problems – the most commonly reported signs of mold illness are difficulties with breathing. Being unable to breathe deeply, coughing, wheezing or sinus problems are likely symptoms of mold illness.
- Digestive problems – diarrhea, stomach pain, nausea and the lack of appetite are some of the digestive signs of a mold illness.
- Muscle pain – pain can be anywhere in the body and can appear as cramps and sharp pin prick pains that were not brought on from stress or strain.
- Tingling, numbness or twitching – those that have suffered from a mold illness have also expressed that they had experienced pins and needles in their hand/limbs.
- Feeling of depression – researchers found that homes that are damp/wet also has an effect of those living there and their mood. Feeling stressed is normal when you feel you have little to no control over your environment that is causing mold. Adding plants to help clean the air, running fans and by adding an Airfree Air Purifier is a good place to start in the clean air process.
- Headaches, itch red eyes as well as blurred vision may also be related to mold illnesses.
As always we recommend consulting with your physician should you experience any/all of these symptoms for a correct diagnosis.
We firmly believe in our company mission – To combine the best technology and design, to turn our clients’ needs into innovative solutions for indoor atmospheres, whether for health reasons, comfort or to increase productivity. Check us out at www.airfree.com for a purifier that will work best for you.