During the warm and hot months of the summer, mold thrives very well as mold LOVES and needs warm temperature in order to grow. Have you ever stopped and thought about when you vacation to someplace tropical of the mold that could be and is lurking in your hotel room or lodging? What about a summer vacation rental or a beach house? While we may not be able to clean and scrub mold at our hotel room or summer rental, we can certainly get a handle on mold and prevention in our house. Our homes are a major investment and we work very hard to keep it clean!
What are the best ways to prevent summer mold growth? The following are some simple steps that can be done to help in the prevention of mold:
- Always clean your home thoroughly. Mold loves moist environments and can thrive on almost ANY surface of your home. Cleaning your home thoroughly and regularly will help eliminate any element that may allow mold to grow and thrive.
- Always clean spills of any liquids immediately.
- Always try to regulate the temperature in your home as mold grows best in homes that are between 77 and 85 degrees Fahrenheit. Keeping your home temperature at a comfortable temperature below 77 degrees will make it harder for mold to grow. Use an air conditioner or fan to keep your home comfortable.
- Clean or change your central air conditioning units and any window air conditioning units filters on a regular basis.
- Watch for collecting condensation or moisture in your home air ducts and air conditioners.
- Close windows when it rains as open windows during rain can bring rain into your home and onto any carpets or rugs.
- Repair leaky pipes on your appliances.
- Ensure that your clothes dryer is vented properly and not into an attic or any crawlspace.
- When showering, turn on the exhaust fan or open the bathroom window to allow steam to escape.
- Address all mold problems promptly and thoroughly clean to prevent growth or for it spread to other areas.
- Do your best to keep air circulating in your home which could include using a ceiling fan.
- Purchase an Airfree Air Purifier! Airfree Air Purifiers can offer a natural and cost effective solution for the prevention of mold. Airfree Air purifiers also offers a solution to asthma, respiratory allergy and contaminated air due to pet dander and pets. Airfree Air Purifiers are maintenance free and by running an Airfree Air Purifier in your home, you will destroy even the smallest of airborne microorganisms. Airfree uses its unique ceramic heating chamber without any ozone being used. An Airfree air purifier destroys airborne allergens such as all types of fungus, including those from dust mite feces, mold spores, and most pollutants in the air. Airfree safely and effectively cleans the indoor air allowing you to breath fresh, clean air!
Don’t let mold ruin your summer. It’s time to ENJOY the heat and ENJOY YOUR SUMMER!
We firmly believe in our company mission – To combine the best technology and design, to turn our clients’ needs into innovative solutions for indoor atmospheres, whether for health reasons, comfort or to increase productivity. Check us out at www.airfree.com for a purifier that will work best for you.